Case study: planning the student journey with The Manchester College
- Last updated
Providers that have been delivering the first and second wave of T Levels have put in a great amount of time and attention into developing and implementing the T Level student journey. This resource will give you an insight into how schools and colleges have managed to successfully plan a brand-new T Level curriculum and key personal advice to support your planning.
Who is this resource for?
This resource is for people that will be involved in the planning and delivery of T Levels from a school or college provider type setting. This includes senior leaders, middle managers and delivery staff.
How to use this resource
This case study focuses on how The Manchester College planned its T Level student journey. By watching the complete 9 minute video, you will gain valuable insights from senior leaders and middle managers, employers and students.
The questions listed below are addressed in the video.
Overall T Level strategy
Partnerships with employers
Why are partnerships important?
- How did the summer school, pre induction help you?
- Celebrating success - how does that feel?
- What are your next steps following your T Level?
- What does the induction process involve?
- Why do you carry out an induction survey?
- How do you prepare the students for their industry placements?
Top tips from The Manchester College
- Early engagement and partnership with employers
- Invest in your team
- Look at the specification holistically and weave the different components together
- Identify your partners
- Take advice from other providers
- Stop thinking and start doing!