Terms and conditions
‘T Levels support for schools and colleges’ is run by the Department for Education (DfE).
By using this service, you agree to these terms and conditions.
We do our best to make sure the service is constantly available, virus free and that the information we provide is accurate and complete.
However, the DfE accepts no liability for:
- you being unable to access the service (for example, because of excessive demand or because it’s been taken down for maintenance)
- delay or failure in receiving data
- indirect damages arising from you using the service or relying on its content
- the content and availability of external websites that link to the service or which are linked from it
We may remove, or amend:
- your rights to use this service if you are in breach of the terms set out in the ‘moderation policy’ section, below
- any posts in the discussion forum if you are in breach of these terms
Our decision in the event of a breach shall be final.
How we gather and use your data
We will only gather sufficient information so as to establish your identity and level of access to the service. In doing so, we will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ensure that any personal data (as defined by GDPR) is protected, used only for the purposes for which it was obtained and disposed of accordingly.
We may also from time to time use your contact information to ask you if you would like to take part in research or surveys we’re doing.
You are responsible for all activities associated with your username and password and accept responsibility for all activities associated with your account.
You agree to comply with any amendments to these terms and conditions.
- create a valid account and keep your log in details confidential
- comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ensure that any personal data (as defined by GDPR) is protected, used only for the purposes for which it was obtained and disposed of accordingly
- comply with the UK Computer Misuse Act 1990
- contact us as soon as you become aware of any security breach
- not use the ‘T Levels support for schools and colleges’ discussion forum for any unlawful purpose
- only use the ‘T Levels support for schools and colleges' discussion forum to discuss issues relating to the delivery of T Levels
Using the discussion forum
Views and opinions expressed by named individuals on the forum are their own and may not reflect those of their employer or the Department for Education (DfE).
The DfE cannot be held responsible for any acts or omissions of registered users or for any breaches of data protection legislation by registered users.
The DfE is not responsible for the actions of registered users or any breaches of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as a result of their use.
Participation by DfE staff in the forum
DfE staff will, where appropriate, contribute to a discussion. However, please be aware that:
- we are bound by the Civil Service Code, and cannot engage on issues of party politics
- we cannot comment on the likely policy outcome of any consultation
- we are bound by DfE's rules on customer confidentiality and so cannot answer customer-specific questions on this service
- we cannot engage in discussion on commercial issues, such as contracts
Therefore, we may not be able to respond to every comment, even if a direct question is asked.
However, we will generally participate in discussions in order to:
- answer any direct questions, subject to the restrictions given
- correct any factual inaccuracies, or provide some detail that may aid the discussion
- explain any policy details that users are unsure of
This input is to ensure the smooth and efficient working of the discussion forum and should not be read as a formal government response to any consultation.
The ‘T Levels support for schools and colleges’ discussion forum allows you to post comments that will remain viewable on this website.
DfE therefore has a user approval and moderation process to ensure that:
- users participating in discussions are directly involved in delivering T Levels
- comments are appropriate and not harmful to others
Comments posted are regularly moderated by DfE staff and we reserve the right to remove any posts that contravene this moderation policy.
When posting comments, please observe our participation ‘house rules’:
- Do not post personal information in comments, such as learner numbers, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details that identifies you or others. If you have a specific query, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be respectful of others who use the site.
- Do not submit any comments that are unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated or racially offensive. This includes comments that are offensive to others with regards to religion, gender, nationality or other personal characteristic.
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation.
- This moderation policy is subject to change.
If you have any problems using the ‘T Levels support for schools and colleges’ service or want to flag any content that you think is inaccurate or inappropriate, please email email@example.com