Course content, course specifications, outlines, teaching and assessment resources for the Accounting T Level.
Students will develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
- fundamentals of financial accounting – an understanding of elementary financial principles, concepts and practices and how this content links to relevant accounting, bookkeeping, and business mathematics requirements
- professionalism and ethics - an understanding of professional conduct and responsibilities in the workplace and ethical dilemmas for the individual, organisation and professional
- data driven innovation and analytics and design thinking – an awareness of key requirements of a data governance framework and understand the main contemporary visualisation tools and when they are best used to support decision making
Options to specialise
In addition to the core content, each student will also complete at least one module of occupation-specific content.
The specialism available in the T Level in Accounting is Assistant Accountant.
Detailed course outline
- course specification from Pearson
- course outline from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
Teaching and learning materials