Education and Early Years
Course content, course specifications, outlines, teaching and assessment resources for the Education and Early Years T Level.
All students will develop an understanding of:
- understanding the education and early years sector from ages 0 to 19
- child development
- how to support children and young people’s education
- safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- understanding and managing behaviour
- observing and assessing children and young people
- equality and diversity
- special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- working with parents, carers and wider families
- working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- reflective practice and other forms of professional development
Options to specialise
In addition to the core content, each student must choose one of the following specialisms:
- early years educator
- assisting teaching
Detailed course specification and outline
- course specification from QualHub
- course outline from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
Additional considerations for this course
DBS basic or enhanced checks and disqualified disclosure
Where required, students should complete this check before they start their industry placement.
Schools and colleges should ensure that students do any relevant safeguarding training before they start their industry placement.
Food and hygiene (for the Early Years Educator occupational specialism only)
Dependent on the nature of the industry placement, it may help students to do some relevant food and hygiene training before they start.