Education and Early Years
Course content, course specifications, outlines, teaching and assessment resources for the Education and Early Years T Level.
All students will develop an understanding of:
- understanding the education and early years sector from ages 0 to 19
- child development
- how to support children and young people’s education
- safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- understanding and managing behaviour
- observing and assessing children and young people
- equality and diversity
- special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- working with parents, carers and wider families
- working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- reflective practice and other forms of professional development
Options to specialise
In addition to the core content, each student must choose one of the following specialisms:
- early years educator
- assisting teaching
Awarding Organisation resources
NCFE has developed a wide range of resources to help providers to deliver the Education and Early Years T Level.
Registration, entries and results
- Information on how to register learners for their T Level as well as how to make bookings for the correct assessment series can be found here
Tutor resources (found in the teaching materials tab on this page) includes:
- Schemes of work – containing information on the qualification's learning outcomes, activities and resources for learners. Tutors may use it to outline how they will deliver the programme. These are available for the core and occupational specialisms.
- Essential core resources – available for themes 1 – 5 session packs, including session plans, lesson activities, e-Learning module, home study activities and revision and study sessions, which cover some of the key topic areas across these themes.
- Occupational specialisms resources – session packs, including session plan, lesson activities, e-Learning module, and home study activities.
- Mapping documents – mapping the core elements to the occupational specialism performance outcomes.
- Contextualization of general math competencies
Assessment guidance (found in the assessment materials tab on this page) includes:
- Past papers mark schemes and chief examiner reports for core and occupational specialisms (also includes specimen papers and mark schemes)
- Example Employer Set Projects, with briefs, tutor guidance and mark schemes
Other resources include:
- Training, Support and CPD videos
- Education and Early Years T Level Case Studies
- Employer guide to Competency-based qualifications in Education and Early Years
Additional considerations for this course
DBS basic or enhanced checks and disqualified disclosure
Where required, students should complete this check before they start their industry placement.
Schools and colleges should ensure that students do any relevant safeguarding training before they start their industry placement.
Food and hygiene (for the Early Years Educator occupational specialism only)
Dependent on the nature of the industry placement, it may help students to do some relevant food and hygiene training before they start.