Record T Level component results
All T Level component results must be recorded in the Manage T Level results service.
The Manage T Level results service is used to aggregate component registration and results data for T Levels in order to calculate overall results and issue T Level certificates to learners.
Providers (for example, schools and colleges) are responsible for recording if a learner has:
- met the English and maths requirement
- completed their industry placement
Technical qualification results can only be recorded by awarding organisations (also known as exam boards).
Roles and requirements
- Only provider staff members with the ‘Learner Records Editor’ role can record non-technical component results.
- Learner Records Editors can only record non-technical T Level component results after the awarding organisation has registered the learner into the Manage T Level results service.
How to record a T Level component result
Select ‘Manage learner T Level records’ from the dashboard in the Manage T Level results service. You’ll need to know:
- the learner’s unique learner number (ULN)
- what English and maths qualifications and grades the learner has achieved, if they qualified outside England or Wales, or as a learner with special educational needs and/or a disability (SEND)
- if the learner has completed their industry placement
When recording a learner’s results for the first time, you will need to select ‘Add a new learner T Level record’.
To change a result you’ve already recorded, select ‘Update a learner T Level record’.
Minimum standards for English and maths
The minimum standards are GCSE grade 9-4 or a Functional Skills level 2 pass in English and maths or equivalent.
In most cases, a learner’s English and maths qualifications will be automatically retrieved from the Learning Records Service (LRS). Providers will only need to confirm English and maths standards have been met where the learner has:
- achieved an equivalent qualification outside England and Wales
- achieved the minimum standard for a learner with special educational needs and/or a disability (SEND)
The full list of qualifications that meet the requirement for T Levels is published on the Equivalent minimum standards for English and maths guidance page.
Minimum standards for English and maths for learners with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)
Some learners with learning difficulties and disabilities may struggle to achieve the English or maths qualification at the level normally required, as a result of the nature of their difficulty or disability. Learners in this category are instead required to achieve a minimum requirement of Entry Level 3 Functional Skills in these subjects.
The full list of exceptions is published on the Exceptions to the English and maths minimum requirements for learners with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) guidance page.
Industry placements and special considerations
When a learner completes their industry placement, it should be recorded as ‘completed’ on the learner’s T Level record.
Students may experience difficult circumstances during their placement, which means they are unable to complete the minimum placement hours before the end of the 2nd year. Providers have the discretion to apply special consideration in some exceptional circumstances where students have demonstrated sufficient progress towards their learning goals but have not completed the minimum placement hours.
The full list of special consideration criteria is published in Section 5 of the T Level industry placements: delivery guidance.