T Levels results and certification
The Department for Education (DfE) provides the Manage T Level results service to collect T Level component results data, calculate overall T Level results and issue T Level certificates.
Both awarding organisations and education providers must use the service so that results can be calculated and certificates can be issued.
Awarding organisation responsibilities
Awarding organisations, also known as awarding bodies or exam boards, must use the service to:
- confirm T Level details, including title, core and occupational specialisms
- confirm approved providers and the T Levels they offer
- register all T Level learners into the service
- add each learner’s core and occupational specialism assessment entries
- record each learner’s core and occupational specialism component results
Education providers, for example, schools and colleges, must use the service to tell us:
- if a learner has completed an industry placement
- if a learner has achieved an equivalent for English and maths GCSE grade 4 or above from outside England and Wales
As well as recording the industry placement completion status for each learner, providers will need to confirm whether a placement has been completed with special considerations.
Requesting statements of achievement
If a learner:
- leaves their T Level course early; and/or
- does not pass all components of their T Level
they will not receive a full T Level certificate. Instead, the provider must request a statement of achievement, confirming which components they completed.
If a learner withdraws from their T Level course, the provider must inform the awarding organisation as soon as possible. Once the awarding organisation has updated the learner’s registration status, the provider will be able to request a statement of achievement for that learner through the service.
Certificates and statements of achievement will be printed and sent to providers, who must issue them to the learners. Providers will need to confirm the address to which certificates and statements of achievement should be sent.
Data collection deadlines
Providers must submit all required data before 31 July in the 2nd academic year, for results to be calculated and issued ready for results day in August.
Providers should submit data as soon as it is available to enable the production of statements of achievement, when necessary.