Content of the T Level Transition Programme
There are 6 key delivery components of the T Level Transition Programme which are tailored to the needs of individual students:
- Diagnostic, monitoring and guidance- to assess students’ capability and support needs in order to tailor their T Level Transition Programme to address these needs and help students decide which T Level route they want to prepare for.
- English, maths and digital– to develop the knowledge and skills of those students who do not hold at least a GCSE grade 4 in English and/or maths (and are required to do so as per the condition of funding) and lack basic digital skills.
- Experience of the Workplace - to prepare students for a T Level industry placement. We expect all students to undertake appropriate work experience activities and workplace preparation tailored to what each student needs, informed by an assessment of their work readiness.
- Personal Development and Enrichment - relevant and meaningful personal development and enrichment opportunities to support students to develop the study skills they will need for success on T Levels and the positive behaviours and key transferable skills for success in the workplace.
- Technical Knowledge and Skills– to give students a broad introduction to their chosen T Level route through industry-relevant technical knowledge and practical skills. The purpose of this component is to give students some introductory content as a stepping-stone to what they will cover on a T Level in their chosen route.
- Pastoral support– provision of responsive pastoral care; and develop knowledge and behaviours that promote wellbeing and support students’ engagement with their learning on the programme.