Course content, course specifications, outlines, teaching and assessment resources for the Healthcare Science T Level.
All students will develop a general understanding of health and science:
- working within the health and science sector
- health, safety and environmental regulations
- managing information and data
- principles of good scientific and clinical practice
- core science concepts including the structure of cells, tissues and large molecules, genetics, microbiology and immunology
They will also learn about topics specific to healthcare science:
- understanding the healthcare science sector
- further knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, diseases and disorders, genomics and medical physics
- providing person-centred care
- infection prevention and control
- good scientific practice
Options to specialise
In addition to the core content, each student must choose one of the following specialisms:
- assisting with healthcare science
- optical care services (from September 2022)
Awarding Organisation resources
NCFE has developed a wide range of resources to help providers to deliver the Healthcare Science T Level.
Registration, entries and results
- Information on how to register learners for their T Level as well as how to make bookings for the correct assessment series can be found here
Tutor resources (found in the teaching materials tab on this page) includes:
- Schemes of work – They contain information on the qualification's learning outcomes, activities and resources for learners. Tutors may use it to outline how they will deliver the programme. These are available for the core and occupational specialisms.
- Core resources – covering some of the key topic areas, including session plans, lesson activities, e-Learning module, home study activities and revision and study sessions.
- Occupational specialisms resources – session packs, including session plan, lesson activities, e-Learning module, and home study activities.
Assessment guidance (found in the assessment materials tab on this page) includes:
- Past papers mark schemes and chief examiner reports for core and occupational specialisms (also includes specimen papers and mark schemes)
- Example Employer Set Projects, with briefs, tutor guidance and mark schemes
Other resources include:
- Support package to maximise student success in – Health, Healthcare Science and Science
- Training, Support and CPD videos
Additional considerations for this course
DBS basic or enhanced checks and disqualified disclosure
Where required, students should complete this check before they start their industry placement.
Before starting their industry placement, students should have the relevant inoculations and
immunisations. These will be determined by the employers they are doing their placement with.